I bought a small US made Brie wheel to see how it was wrapped, http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/topic,1435.0.html.
The cheese came in cardboard box, wrapper was single layer white plastic with wax coated inside, weight was about same as double layer of Cheesemaking.com's white mold wraps that I use. The wrap is not pre-microperforated, but appears to be perforated by hand or machine after wrapping on sides and top, not on bottom where several layers overlap.
The pictures below are of course unwrapping the cheese from which I have determined that the cheese is wrapped by:
- Cutting square wrap, with lots of "overwrap".
- Placing wrap so that appears as diamond to you, not square, then placing cheese in middle of wrap.
- Folding in four shorter 45 degree areas first (ie 45, 135, 225, and 315 degrees).
- Then folding in one corner by origami style folding in sides first.
- Repeating with opposite corner.
- Repeating with last two corners.
- Perforating sides and top.
- Turning folds side down in box and covering with lid.
Hope this helps fellow small cheese wrappers.