Author Topic: Induction Sealer for Cream Cheese  (Read 3209 times)

youattec

Induction Sealer for Cream Cheese
« on: April 22, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »
Another question from a new artisanal cheese production company Kyrgyzstan.

We are in the process of getting certified by the local government for distribution to stores, cafes, restaurants, but I have zero idea how to go about searching for sealing equipment that will create a seal, either foil or plastic, over a tub of cream cheese. Heat induction?

We'll use vacuum packing for our harder cheeses, but where can I start looking for a piece of equipment that will make that nice foil seal over a tray/tub?

We're a small company now, and so are trying to avoid huge pieces of machinery meant for a giant factory. I see online that there are heat induction manual sealers for pill bottles, but anything rectangular shaped for cheese?

Any suggestions very appreciated!

Thanks!

Kern

Re: Induction Sealer for Cream Cheese
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »
Generally, the larger peel-off seals are attached via a hot platen and pressure.  These would be used for a tray or tub.  Induction sealing is usually used for screw on plastic bottle caps and the like.  The induction field quickly heats the aluminum foil in the cap which gets hot enough to melt the plastic liner and the very top of the plastic bottle.  You can't have induction heating without having metal involved - aluminum being the preferred choice.  The pressure of the tight bottle cap facilitates making the bond.  You should be looking for a heated platen sealer.  These are generally much cheaper.  We've got one for yogurt containers that does one unit at a time but a fast operator can knock out about eight to ten per minute.   :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:12:52 AM by Kern »