Author Topic: What's your ideal cheese package?  (Read 927 times)

Stinky

What's your ideal cheese package?
« on: April 24, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
See, I'm trying to think ahead. I'd like to give people cheese for Christmas. Never too early to start planning, and if I want flavorful cheeses I may have to carpe the diem rather soon.

My question is what sort of cheeses am I looking at. Thinking about

Hard Alpine
Something relatively flavorful but young like Butterkase
Bloomy

Anything else? Can't really think of another type of cheese that would fit in seamlessly.

qdog1955

Re: What's your ideal cheese package?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:04:09 PM »
Stinky ----is it not more important to know the preference of the people you are gifting?  Example---if your gifting me ( no hint intended ) :)  any cheese will do---my wife on the other hand thinks sharp cheddar is the only cheese in existence-----my neighbor hates all cheese---I think he must be wack ;)  Good grating cheese is a great gift---most people will use it and it won't go bad quickly---but you better get on the ball---Sadly :(  Christmas will be here before you know it.

Qdog

Stinky

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Yes, but then again I can't make a different cheese for every person. I can vary this somewhat to accommodate preferences, but I do have to start somewhere.

Do you think a cheddar will be a good idea? I imagine a nice sharp one would probably go over well.

qdog1955

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »
I think if people like cheese----cheddar is always a hit----maybe I should sample some for you first, and seconds, and thirds. ^-^

Qdog

Stinky

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:39:54 PM »
Well, I've only made one proper cheddar. Perhaps this is an excuse to make another.