Author Topic: Wiki what?  (Read 794 times)

John@PC

Wiki what?
« on: April 28, 2015, 09:11:13 PM »
In celebration of getting caught up reading forum posts (woo hoo) I thought I would go exploring.  From the time I joined the forum two years ago I would always click on the forum link on cheeseforum.org but never really spent any time perusing the main site.   My bad because after spending just a few minutes on the Wiki links I see how much really, REALLY good information is there, especially for those that don't have a library of cheese making books.   Just in case there are any others out there who like me had his/her "head in the sand" I suggest you check it out.

My first Wiki-generated question:  If I want to use whey as a starter can I freeze some cubes of whey and use them like a mother culture?

Kern

Re: Wiki what?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 11:40:20 PM »
Oh yeah!  I remember seeing the WIKI page before I ever joined but haven't been back since.  Thanks for the heads up.   :D

shaneb

Re: Wiki what?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »
I'm curious as to where those recipes come from. There are no names against them. I've made the cambozola recipe, but from what others are saying it is not a true representation of the cheese.

Shane