Author Topic: Caerphilly Ate.  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: Caerphilly Ate.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 04:09:37 PM »
Wow, 3 weeks! Caerphilly #8, huh?  So this iteration is an unqualified success?

Looks and sounds great, Flound. Have a cheese for inspiring me to try this cheese style.

-Boofer-

Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

jmason

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
Pretty cheese and a nice write up.
AC4U

John

Flound

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
Flound, I went right to the bottom of the post and saw the pictures and my first thought (honestly) was an oooh and ahh.  Nice to know I'm in good company :).  A cheese for that moist and crumbly creation.
Thanks, John. Although, I'd wager if you knew the reprobates, scallywags and rapscallions that partook, you might not use the term good company. :) Which I realize may be an even greater incentive....

Congratulations! C+
C+?

Cheese +, perhaps? :)

What a lovely looking cheese - have another to add to your growing collection.

-- Mal
The right angle and lighting makes anything look better, Mal.

I know - for me, it's from the right side and a slightly downward angle. Which, for some reason, annoys the crap out of the Motor Vehicle people when I kneel and face to my left.

Wow, 3 weeks! Caerphilly #8, huh?  So this iteration is an unqualified success?

Looks and sounds great, Flound. Have a cheese for inspiring me to try this cheese style.

-Boofer-
Indeed it is, sir. Very pleased. And my first 4 gallon make of Caerphilly. Previous version shave been of the 10-11 litre variety.

The good doctor Hamm suggested it to me. Easy make, ready in three weeks but you can bring it out a few months (4 was my longest I do believe). It's not a distance runner through. More of a sprinter. Which is a handy make to have in one's pocket.

Pretty cheese and a nice write up.
AC4U
John
Thanks, John!