Author Topic: My first cheddered style cheese  (Read 4056 times)

JeffHamm

Re: My first cheddered style cheese
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »
Wonderful looking cheese, so a cheese for you!  Sounds like it has great flavour too.  It's nice when it all comes together.

John@PC

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 10:08:59 PM »
Well done John and another cheese.  Caerphilly has to be in the top five favorite cheeses on the forum based on my readings of posts.  Like Mary Karlin says, it's the "cheesecake" of cheeses, and who doesn't like cheesecake :),

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 12:23:47 AM »
The paste was joint compound texture at first and not staying on so I chilled the cheese in fridge and added more soil to the paste and then it worked.

Kathryn, I hope you added more oil to the paste, rather than more soil -- though maybe, if you were working with joint compound ... ?

:)

Oh my gosh, I missed that bit of auto-correct or clumsy fingers!  Thanks for catching it.  Wouldn't want anyone trying THAT particular trick!  :o

jmason

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 01:20:37 AM »
Thanks for all the cheeses folks.  Yeah it was a good cheese to make and now I will get to enjoy it for several weeks.  I have gotten so behind with my cheese making what with other projects and having to do a little work, god I hate that word.  Fortunately it has corresponded to the blue cheese getting all uppity and spreading it's spores, got my caciottas but only on the outside in patches and they are salvageable, well one sure was, I ate it, the other I think is fine also.  So it's the bag for those blues before I put any fresh cheeses in there and the cave will get a good bleaching out.  When i get a bigger cave that little one may be in reserve for things like blues and their wild ways and leave the big cave as a safer haven for the other cheeses.  Hopefully will be back in the game shortly, BEFORE I RUN OUT OF CHEESE.

John