Author Topic: Automatic stirrer  (Read 3661 times)

IllinoisCheeseHead

Re: Automatic stirrer
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »
Thanks Qdog.

Shane, yes I would use the same wiring and have two motors run in opposite direction and would use two stainless steel mud mixer paddles that would be very close to each other but far apart enough that would stir the entire vat.  Not sure if it would work but that is how I would go about it.

Thanks

John@PC

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 09:57:00 PM »
A cheese as well.  For me an effective stirring mechanism for small makes that keeps curds seperated is like the holy grail*.  Being a proponent of rectangular pans I've tested several prototypes and found some things that look to have promise that are similar to your design (i.e. a reciprocating / reversing motion - think of an oar pivoting back and forth). 

*Just be aware of the "Killer Bunny" :o.

IllinoisCheeseHead

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »
Loved it.  That was indeed a killer bunny

Today I made a Mentery jack and the cruds are by far the best I have ever done.  I have a bad back so having help was worth every penny.  I think the yield is going to be about the same as always which is good since I was concerned about over shattering the curds.  Looks like that did not happened as I had curds that were perfect squares, the vast majority.

Thanks for the cheese!!!

qdog1955

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 10:23:01 PM »
 I once saw a stirring device used on large rectangular vats, it was just an over head bridge that moved a fixed paddle from one end and then auto returned. Since I will be going rectangle  soon, I've been looking at this concept---it did create a small wave---since I will be making a rather large copper vat, I think just allowing extra room will solve that-----and I think it may solve the missed corners in any revolving set up. Could be wrong, have been quite often. :(
Qdog