Author Topic: Webshop for cheese wine and beer in Turkey  (Read 6191 times)

Hansadutta

Webshop for cheese wine and beer in Turkey
« on: July 21, 2015, 09:14:31 PM »
My wife is Turkish and she founded a shop that sells stuff for cheese making in Turkey. It is called http://www.fermantasyonmarket.com.tr/.
It was a horrible battle against bureaucracy for 2 years to get the stuff in Turkey so I hope you can forgive us for being a bit commercial on the forum.

Best regards,
Hans

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
Re: Webshop for cheese wine and beer in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 10:58:32 PM »
Wow, good effort. I will surely be sending customers your way from my blog at http://artizanpeynirci.blogspot.com if you put a link to my blog from your links page :-)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:09:26 PM by Gürkan Yeniçeri »

Hansadutta

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:44:13 AM »
Hi Gürkan,

Thank you very much. I saw your blog already a long time ago but unfortunately my turkish is not very well. I will ask my wife to add the link. We are buying from https://www.brouwland.com/ in belgium. If there is something that you would like to have from them you can send my wife an e mail. I travel up and down regularly with articles that we cannot import via the official way yet. It really is very difficult.

Best regards,
Hans

John@PC

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
My wife is Turkish and she founded a shop that sells stuff for cheese making in Turkey. It is called http://www.fermantasyonmarket.com.tr/.
It was a horrible battle against bureaucracy for 2 years to get the stuff in Turkey so I hope you can forgive us for being a bit commercial on the forum.
Thumbs up for your wife's webstore (my Chrome translator couldn't do it but Google did). Came across your blog (in English) as well.  As for being commercial I think the forum members like to see what's available from other forum members as long as we don't do blatant advertisements or hijack threads >:(.  Some public forums frown on putting links to a company or email in your signature but there are a lot of us here that do that including me.  The way I think about it we are members of the forum to learn to make cheese first and formost, and as a cheese maker I would like to know if there are resources out there that can help, whether it's a link to another company or your company. 

Hansadutta

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:50:06 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks for the support. At the moment I would not advertise my blog because I am writing way too few stories. I have another job to pay for the bills but unfortunately that costs a lot of time  :-\ Of course it should be in Turkish but at the moment there is a slight lack of resources to do that.
I started making wine about 8 years ago and I immediately became fascinated by it. I was surprised that it was not very difficult to make good wine at home. Seeing some wines fermenting also made me a bit worried. It can become quiet aggressive. Sometimes when I look close at a liquid inside a demijohn I think that I am glad that yeast is not the dominating species on the planet. Or maybe it is and we are just lucky that it does not want to eat us. (Could be a great plot for a seventies B movie in here.)
The same happened with cheese. Great to see all these changes of which I don understand anything really.
Any way. I guess I am more of a hobbyist than a business man.
Best regards,
Hans

hoeklijn

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »
Al kan ik het niet lezen, het ziet er goed uit Hans!

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• Old Cheese
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 11:27:31 PM »
Hans,

Have you tried CHR Hansen Türkiye for cheesemaking ingredients?

I will write couple of questions for your wife to answer and publish that on my blog.

cheers.

Hansadutta

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:20 PM »
Dag Herman,

Bedankt voor het compliment. Ik ben ook erg blij met het resultaat van onze inspanningen. Van schrijven is de laatste tijd niet veel gekomen. Maar je kunt wel zien waarom. Mijn vrouw is best aardig bezig maar het is helaas nog niet genoeg om mijn "normale" baan op te kunnen zeggen. Wat wel de bedoeling is natuurlijk want dit is veel leuker.

Hello Gürkan,

Thank you for the link. I did not know they are active in Turkey. I sent the link to my wife. We have just started so every help is very welcome.

Best regards,
Hans

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• Old Cheese
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 03:47:21 AM »
There are companies producing rennet in Turkey like Intermak

I am sure you (or your wife) can find companies for other cheesemaking ingredients.

Hansadutta

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
Hi Gürkan,

At the moment our customers are mainly beer people. We have the cheese products in stock but I have brought most of them with me in my suitcase. My wife found only 1 supplier for rennet so far and he has it made in Pakistan. I have sent her the name so she can check it and I feel a little embarrased for not knowing it. I will survive though. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Hans

hoeklijn

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »
Hans,
is het goed al ik een berichtje zet op het Nederlandse forum met een linkje erbij? Ik weet dat er een paar Turkse Nederlanders af en toe op het forum zitten...

Hansadutta

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »
Hoi Herman,

Graag zelfs. Daar was deze schaamteloze schreeuw naar aandacht om begonnen.  Hartelijk dank. De eerlijkheid gebiedt me wel te zeggen dat ik al een hele tijd niet meer bij je op bezoek geweest ben.  :-[

Groetjes
Hans

hoeklijn

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »
Schaam je niet  ;D. Tussendoor even op vakantie geweest, maar de link staat er nu...

Hansadutta

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:36 PM »
Hoi Herman,

Ik heb je post gezien. Hartelijk dank!

Hans