Author Topic: Hello from Billings, MT!  (Read 760 times)

PBNoodles

Hello from Billings, MT!
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:29:31 AM »
Hi there! My husband and I have been lurking around for months and months! I thought I'd finally register and say hello. We are still only in the very beginning of our cheese making. So far we have made 3 cheddars (one failed, other two are larded and bandaged and still aging and starting to mold on the outside nicely) Belper Knolle from the cheesemaking.com site which turned out great! We also have made 2 different batches of bries, for a total of 4 bries. We recently cut into one and it turned out really well, maybe a bit on the bitter side though. We currently have talleggio aging in our cave. It's still very young but coming along nice and stinky. We have two different "caves" one for the softer cheeses and one for the harder ones. We have honestly learned a lot from this site. Where we live we can only get our hands on good cows milk for cheesemaking. I wish we could get good goats milk. Goat cheese is my favorite but we only have ultra pasturized, homogenized goats milk readily available to us. So I'm afraid to even try to make anything other than just regular goats cheese with that. But, I hope to get around to posting pictures of some of our cheeses soon and looking forward to chatting with you all.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: Hello from Billings, MT!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing pictures of your cheeses -- sounds like you have done quite a bit already!
-- Andy