Author Topic: I could only wait nine months  (Read 4749 times)

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
Re: I could only wait nine months
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 05:17:16 AM »
@Dan... I hear you !! So, many time here I have wanted to reach out and touch and smell and taste the wonderful cheeses made here.  My use of descriptive language is so lacking I wish I could somehow communicate it better.  What do I write that comes somewhere close to the rich creamy notes that play particularly nicely with the tang around the sides of my tongue as it slowly dissolves into a wonderful Cheddar taste that lingers well after it has gone down.   __  How's that ??

I suppose because I wasn't concerned what grew on the outside I didn't really take that much notice of the RH. If I was predominantly doing natural rinds I would be on to the molds like a shot.

@Jeff I have another 7 'Cave' I just have to wait now till Feb Next year - Oh God no !! - that's 5 months away - I'm never going to make it that far, I'm just not that strong  :(  I need to fill the gap with something - Caerphilly, 'Malemberts' and a couple of wash rinds - Breathe....  it's alright ... Don't PANIC !! ... anxiety attack over .... :)

-- Mal
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

LittleRedHen

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »
wow.... i cringed in my ignoranceat first but by time you were eating the cheese i was jealous

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »
An amazing result Mal!!  Up to your usual standards.  I have a parm in the cave coming up on 12 months in January.  Hope I can hold out. ;D  AC4U for your patience my friend!
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Delislem

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
I'm convinced!!!! Next weekend I'm making a clothbound cheddar for Christmas 2016....that is if I have more self control than you did. AC4U

Martin

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 01:38:59 AM »
Thanks Al, a 12 month Parm  - yummm !  I still feel a little guilty cracking it open at 9 months though the other will wait.  I've given my self a firm talking to  - "no sneaking the cheese"  !.
@Delislem - always good to have goal.  I have tried to make a Cheddar a month so come February I hope to have a rolling stock of 12 month cheddar every month thereafter. I have 7 in the cave at the moment (less the one I ate early  :-[ ). 

-- Mal
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !