Author Topic: Ok, now I feel bad  (Read 1620 times)

Delislem

Ok, now I feel bad
« on: September 19, 2015, 06:01:04 PM »
I made a Stilton-esque blue last week and, copying my notes to my spreadsheet, I realized my last cheese was made in February 2013. Two and half years ago. How time flies. Anyway, everything indicates this one is starting OK. I've just caved it last night looking like this. I will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: Ok, now I feel bad
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 10:59:38 PM »
Much too long a time without making a cheese!

Welcome back to the obsession hobby. :)
-- Andy

Delislem

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »
Here is an update after a week in the cave. I will probably pierce it next week.

Delislem

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »
End of week three (week 2 in the cave). It looks like cheese and smells like cheese. Not a lot of development of molds on the rind but things look OK from my limited experience. I pierced it so that the PR can start going crazy inside.

John@PC

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 08:43:39 PM »
Looks like you haven't lost your touch Delislem.  A cheese for the "prodigy son".

Delislem

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 03:06:27 PM »
Week 5 of aging and things are looking good. The cheese is developing the "lovely" "scary" rind one would expect from a Stilton. It has that nice smell that says...eaaaaat cheeeeeese... I give it one more week, then it's time for it to meet his maker. More precisely his maker's stomach ;-)

Delislem

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
Finally cracked open my Stilton. Unfortunately, the amount of blueing is a bit dissapointing. Still, a pretty decent taste. I'll see what my guests say tonight...