Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1786 times)

archroy

Hi
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:10:33 AM »
Hi, been browsing this board for a while and thought I would register as I am about to start making cheese.  Been brewing beer for a while and posting on homebrewtalk.com which is a really good site for that if anyone is interested.  I just bought a 1200W Adcraft food warmer for cheesemaking so hopefully that works out well as I don't have any decent size pots.  Anyways I'm pretty stoked for some delicious homemade cheesy comestibles so wish me luck  :D

-Archroy

Cheese Head

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
Hello Archroy and welcome to the forum, good luck and have fun!

FYI there's a Sticky Post for those new to making cheese that a few of us made.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:59:19 AM »
Welcome aboard Archroy. I used to hang my hat at homebrewtalk.com great bunch over there. Been a bit busy with other hobbies lately including cheese but I need to head over there and say hi.

BTW - I think your gonna love the chafing dish especially for cheddar!

chilipepper

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »
Archroy, welcome.  I think you will find cheese making to be somewhat of a natural progression from brewing.  Many of us here also brew: beer, wine, mead, etc.

Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Ryan

BobnCathy

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:14:24 AM »
Hello there Archroy!!!  I'm a homebrewer as well..and my wife handles the wines...and we've just recently(last night) made our first batch of cheese...a mozarella that turned out pretty well....we actually put it on some grilled burgers this evening...good stuff.

I'll have to check out homebrewtalk...I usually do the greenboard/brewboard's...

Bob

MrsKK

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
Welcome to cheesemaking and to the Cheese Forum!  I don't brew beer, but do make my own wines, plus a lot of other "stuff".  I just like being able to do it on my own from things I've grown myself.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 08:26:15 PM »
Without seeing the food warmer I'd have to say it would probably be perfect. Post pics in the eqipment section.