Author Topic: Hello World! I am from Malaysia  (Read 1153 times)

hmseen

Hello World! I am from Malaysia
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:52:54 AM »
Hello world!

I am a big fan of cheese and my kids are cheese-crazy kids... and I am going to start my cheesemaking soon.
Now that I have the thermometer and rennet tablets... off to Tesco to get my supply of milk.
But I guess that will only give me Mozarella and Ricotta the most...as other ingredients to make other types of cheese would not be viable for me
nor would it be Halal-certified. But at least I can be contented with what I can produce later on..

Nice to know you guys here. Hope to join the passion of cheese making :)
Leena

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
Re: Hello World! I am from Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:00:16 AM »
Hi Leena. Welcome to the forum.
You should be able to find plenty of information here to help you to help you to fulfil your cheesy dreams.
You may actually find that there are more options available than you think. For example there are a number of acid coagulated cheese such as Paneer, Lemon cheese, Queso Fresco etc. You will find information about these cheeses here: http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/board,190.0.html
If you are unable to get the starter cultures I believe that yoghurt can be used as a source of thermophilic bacteria and that buttermilk is a source of mesophilic bacteria. This then opens up a wide range if possibilities, particularly if you are prepared to experiment a bit.
Finding recipes using these ingredients may not be as easy as with prepared cultures but whatever you need to know, somebody on the forum is almost certain to be able to help you.
Good luck and happy cheesemaking. Please post your experiences on the forum.
- Andrew

Jeepyj

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:43:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Lv9_Engineer

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 02:15:28 PM »
Hello from a fellow newcomer; I look forward to seeing what you make.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 06:36:16 PM »
Welcome! What part of Malaysia? I lived for three years in Singapore, and travelled through much of Malaysia on multiple occasions.
-- Andy