Author Topic: Cheese Board  (Read 894 times)

Kern

Cheese Board
« on: January 16, 2016, 01:17:45 AM »
We are having some guests over for dinner this evening and I thought I'd offer them some cheeses I made over the past nine months.  They appear in the photo below.

In the 10:00 position is a Cheshire wedge made March 20, 2015.  It is delightful tasting with hints of an aged cheddar but somewhat sweeter.  It contains crunchy crystals.  Yum!
At 2:00 is a wedge of Hillis Peak from Caldwell's book.  It is a hot water washed curd cheese made April 3 of last year.  It has a pleasant mild nutty taste.
Going around to 4:00 is a Cambozola made on May 24.  While it failed to soften it aged into an incredible blue tasting cheese with a nice fatty melt in the mouth feel.   ;D
At 8:00 is a small Tomme.  It was made on March 14 and cave aged for a couple of months and then vacuumed packed.  It is a pleasant cheese but not remarkable.

Finally, in the center was my first attempt at making a Reblochon.  It was made on November 28 from P&H whole milk.  I love the combination of Geo and Linens.  We will be cutting this later this evening and I'll post a new thread on this cheese later this weekend.  Meanwhile, drool.   ;)

Reblochon post here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:06:22 AM by Kern »

SOSEATTLE

Re: Cheese Board
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 02:05:28 AM »
Soooo... what time is dinner?  >:D

Susan

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »
I'm only an hour or so away you know.  Looking great! AC4U
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »
Such fun to share an edible craft! Not only pretty, but yummy! A cheese to you for such a generous offering!
Susan