Author Topic: 8 Lb Gouda question  (Read 3598 times)

Kern

Re: 8 Lb Gouda question
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 08:42:32 PM »
I have done this in the past, but my modified bags started taking in air over time. Not gas from the cheese, just no longer a tight vacuum. Only happened on the modified bags. Keep an eye on it!

Hey, what is duct tape for!  ;)  The bag is large enough that one can snip off a short edge and re-vacuum it.

john H

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 09:12:16 PM »
"The bag is large enough that one can snip off a short edge and re-vacuum it."

I started off with 25" and yes it is over kill. I wanted to start off with to much just for that reason and I did do 2 minor rewelds that I didn't like. So if it ends with a vacuum leak I have lots the redo. If all goes well I will wash and reuse.

John   

john H

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 06:26:40 PM »
I have done this in the past, but my modified bags started taking in air over time. Not gas from the cheese, just no longer a tight vacuum. Only happened on the modified bags. Keep an eye on it!

Update time

Thanks for the heads up scasnerkay as stated it was only a couple of days before the vacuum bag was getting a little loose. So I cut off 1 end where the weld over lapped the side seams and did 3 manual welds (without vacuum) in the same spot then cut off the other end did a vacuum seal and the 2 more weld only so far it is working.