Author Topic: New Mini for Baby Bries  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
New Mini for Baby Bries
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
Needing somewhere to age out my Baby Bries in the same manner as OzzieCheese i found this little beauty.  Great if you have limited floor space. Same make as my cave. The little freezer compartment will hold my molds and the fridge will age up to 6 bries at a time, maybe more, at 40° F.  Liquid stuff goes in the door.  Only $70.00 with free shipping.  Here http://www.ebay.com/itm/222026346495
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

KindofBleu

Re: New Mini for Baby Bries
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
Now imagine if your *entire* cheese cave was that size. That's what I'm starting with so as not to incur additional spousal wrath:

I had to tear out all that stuff on the door that you're using to store extras, and I covered the insulation with some shiny aluminum sheeting. An extra 4-5 inches of shelf space, which I am told is nothing to sneeze at  >:D

Now I just have to make better shelves that will extend all the way. And I'm not what you'd call a handyman.

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 11:53:50 PM »
Now imagine if your *entire* cheese cave was that size. That's what I'm starting with so as not to incur additional spousal wrath:

Yeah, not fun.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Duntov

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:39:58 AM »
Very nice Al.  I am now getting better results with my Cams by putting them into my colder fridge early.  But the plastic containers don't really let them breathe very well so I am constantly letting them air.  That little fridge is a great solution.  I may do the same and get yet another one just for my Blues to prevent cross contamination!