Author Topic: New York State - Cooperstown Cheese Company  (Read 4958 times)

DaggerDoggie

New York State - Cooperstown Cheese Company
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »
http://www.cooperstowncheesecompany.com/

This place is only ten miles from me.  They opened a few years ago and then went out of business, actually the rumor I heard is that the health department closed them down because he didn't want to follow their rules.  Anyway, the opened back up this spring and we stopped by today. 

We we able to sample a few cheese which are made there and we bought a half-pound Raw Jersey Milk Colby.  It was great...we finished it already.

Their web-site says nothing about their cheeses, which seems odd.  There was a high school kid working there and she couldn't answer many of my questions about their cheese.  I'm going to go back and see what I can find out.  The store only took up about one-quarter of the building so there has to be something back there and it had that musty aroma that my kitchen has been having lately.

Cheese Head

Re: New York State - Cooperstown Cheese Company
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »
If the new owners in that NY state store don't do a great job they may be up for sale again. And I can hear that 50 US quart/48 liter stainless steel industrial stockpot and industrial press crying to be put into better service. And Merlin is going to the annual American Cheese Society Show in Chicago next month looking for new Artisan Cheeses for NY restaurants like inventive Tomme au Marc.

Stranger things have happened . . . :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 03:34:57 PM by Cheese Head »

DaggerDoggie

Re: New York State - Cooperstown Cheese Company
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 03:33:22 PM »
LOL ;D, Hey you never know. :)