Author Topic: New guy on the block. Heh get it? Block? Cheese? No? Ok...  (Read 1053 times)

AaroneusTheGreat

Hello everyone!

I just found this forum and I am excited to get to know you all and learn more about cheesemaking. I know only the very basics at the moment, having only made Mozzarella and Ricottone before. I would very much like to get to the point where I can make some long term aged cheeses and blue cheeses etc etc. Thank you in advance for any help you all provide me, I'm sure I'll be asking many questions, some of them probably silly questions.

:D

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
Re: New guy on the block. Heh get it? Block? Cheese? No? Ok...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »
Well the first thread you might want to read is the one on cheese caves.  Then move on the the one on presses.  If you want to make cheddar seek out Mal's help.  He's Ozziecheese on here.  Welcome to the forum BTW.  Been through your beautiful state many times  Originally from Baltimore myself but drove through on my way to Daytona and other things.  Use to have a friend in Rocky Mount.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: New guy on the block. Heh get it? Block? Cheese? No? Ok...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »
Welcome! Always good to have another punster cheesemaker "on board." (Yes, that too was a feeble pun! :))

Where in NC? I live just south of Wake County, near Angier.
-- Andy