Author Topic: Hi Everyone :)  (Read 964 times)

Liz3112

Hi Everyone :)
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
Hi, I am from the UK and back here for a while after 8 years in the Middle East and a year in Singapore.  I have cured my own meat and bake etc but this is my first foray into cheesemaking and I love it!  So far I have just made goat's cheese and mozzarella which both came out really well.  I am going to do some research on here and try my first hard cheese next.  Looking forward to spending some time on the board and reading some of your posts :).

john H

Re: Hi Everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
Welcome Liz, there is a lot to digest here ;D and a great deal of information about almost every type of cheese. Have you decided what type of hard cheese you will try first?

John

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »
Welcome Liz!  There are several folks on here from the UK so you should be able to glean a ton of info from them on cheese maker stores for cultures etc.  I lived in the UK for 9 years but am now in the Pacific Northwest in Washington State.  The wife is from London so we jump back and forth to visit family from time to time.  What part of the UK are you in?
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Chinders

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »
Welcome Liz!  It sounds as though you are already a pretty accomplished home food "crafter", so I don't think that cheese making is going to be a problem for you.  Congratulations on your previous successes, and there is lots of searchable information here when you have questions.