Author Topic: pictures  (Read 2273 times)

reg

pictures
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »
Hope you people don't mind but I'm trying to learn how to post a photo

reg

Re: pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »
Oh, that was easy

reg

Re: curing room
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »
My curing room from two years ago.

The other photo is the culatello. The large muscle of the rear leg, boned and cased

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 10:01:50 PM »
Oh Reg.... You're such a tease,

Is that prime rib? (About $500 worth!)
That cured muscle ... Caul fat on top?

reg

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »
" Oh Reg.... You're such a tease,"

Lookout I learned how to post pictures lol, I have thousands of food photo's

Yes that is prime rib, I think nine whole roasts if I remember correctly.

The casing on the whole muscle is beef bungs cut into sheets then tied on. Usually the people curing this cut would use a pork bladder but they are not available here for some reason

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
Reg,

Before you post too many pictures, let me encourage you to scale them down in size first. Your last two pictures are nearly 4 Mb each, 36xx by 27xx pixels. The bulletin board software sends the entire picture to everyone who views the post, but when it is put on the screen, only about 800 by 600 pixels are shown. For anyone on a slow connection, this will mean REALLY SLOW downloads of the threads with these pictures in it, plus the overhead of resizing it on the fly.

There are many different options for scaling the pictures, including a home-grown one that I posted a couple of months ago. Yes, full disclosure - I'm on a bit of a crusade about this issue, as well as the issue of pictures that show up upside down.  I'm sure I'm coming across as the nervous nanny on these issues! But both can be fixed so simply by running the pictures through the proper filters first ...
-- Andy

reg

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »
Hi Andy, to be honest I have no idea what you are talking about, I am not very computer literate. Just yesterday I learned how to post pictures since joining the forum just shortly after it started.

I will look into it but if I can't figure it out I just won't post pictures.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
No, no, keep posting pictures. I would be banned for life from this forum if I led anyone not to post pictures!!

I wrote a little utility program a while back to try to make it easier for folks to size pictures for internet posting: http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/topic,15452.msg118238.html#msg118238. Basically, the utility lets you select the pictures you want to re-size, choose how big they should be (with some common pre-set options available for convenience), and how/where you want the resized pictures to be saved.

Honestly, I am NOT trying to shill this, and in fact it doesn't seem like it has gathered much interest from folks on the forum. But it is free, and simple to use (at least I think it is). One thing it doesn't have, which may make it hard for someone like yourself, is an automatic installer. I'll try to look into setting that up, so that it would be a lot easier to set it up for use.
-- Andy

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
Hey Reg, please tell us:what do you normally take pictures with and what do you normally use to view this cheese forum with?
Eg. You could be using a digital camera or an iPhone to take pictures with...or you could be using a laptop or desktop computer or same iPhone to view this forum with ... I'm glad to help... If you are using a android (Samsung, LG) phone or iPad we can set you up with a simple-to-use app that we can help you download and install... Easy Peasy:)

reg

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
Andy, Fritz, you guys are hilarious, you have to remember I'm an antique, I don't even have a cell phone. After I retired I never replaced my cell phone.

I'm pretty sure my wife can help me to reduce the picture size. Seems to me I remember her giving me s  t  for making the pictures so big.

The pictures are taken with my Fugi HS 10 camera, its automatic :-)

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
Haha....all that my mind lets me picture is you Reg, on a phone pole making your outgoing calls like Oliver from "Green Acres" TV show....