Author Topic: Sensorex ph tester with smart phone app  (Read 1663 times)

wattlebloke

Sensorex ph tester with smart phone app
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:34:38 AM »
Hi all, since my last cheap pH tester (a Hanna pHep clone) drowned in the washing up I've been thinking about getting a proper one. A webcrawl today turned up a Sensorex tester which is designed to couple to your smartphone via a free download app. Anyone tried one of these?
http://www.sensorex.com/sam-1-smart-aqua-meter/
Given the difficulty of cleaning around the glass bulb in my old tester when its been jammed into curds, I really think a probe type seems sensible. Is this good logic?

Offline FooKayaks2

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 1
  • Default personal text
Re: Sensorex ph tester with smart phone app
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »
Hi Wattlebloke,
I haven't tried one yet, one of our suppliers at work sells them and has been trying to get us to test them out in the field, accuracy is apparently good, I assume the better quality probe you buy the more stable your results will be.
If you want to buy one, I can pass on an Australian suppliers contact details in a PM. I can also point you in the right direction for probe suppliers.

The only reason I haven't brought myself one is I use my work pH meter with another pH probe I use for cheese.

Mathew

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 04:20:07 AM »
Hanna makes a cheese and milk ph probe with blue tooth for iPhone iPad for under $200 , and it is the same probe as their 400 dollar model  with the hand held read out

http://hannainst.com/fc2022-halo-foodcare-ph-electrode-with-bluetooth-smart-technology.html

They came out with it a month after I bought the  $400 dollar version   >:(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:30:25 AM by Gregore »

wattlebloke

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
Thanks Gregore, that looks fabulous!! I hope you're happy with your meter's performance, even if not the cost ? Cost in Australia is $364 aussie dollars...and the difference isn't explained purely by the exchange rate!

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 01:10:21 PM »
Yes I love mine , it has never had a single issue . But it sure would be nice to have data logging and ph curve graphs .  :)

Sorry to hear about the exorbitant mark ups , aren't Australian dealers known for this on luxury items ?

Do they ding it at customs too if you import yourself ?  Or does shipping make it a deal breaker ?