Author Topic: Re-Introduction  (Read 3681 times)

valley ranch

Re: Re-Introduction
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
Greetings MrsKK, I'd like to add my welcome, though you arrived here before me. You've said a lot of interesting things in your post: First off is your Cheese Cave, would love to know more about that.

The knees, we, wife and I commiserate we have been, wife still is, pro skiers and have had to see the knife doctors, that's part of skiing for money. I've found that Glucosamine is a life sent for me and all but ends the pain. I'll give more information if you wish.

I'll be listening if you describe the Gouda, never tried that cheese but intend to.

Have a great one!

Richard

MrsKK

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 01:23:36 PM »
My cheese cave is a mini fridge without a freezer compartment that I bought at Sam's Club several years ago.  I am able to adjust it to maintain in the range of 49-53*F, which works well for the cheeses I make. 

I have osteoarthritis, so not sure if it is similar to what you have or not.  I tried Glucosamine and other supplements such as Osteo Bi-Flex, for over six months with no improvement in symptoms.  In fact, during that time my degeneration continued, so I don't think supplements are the answer.

I have been going for PT to strengthen my support and core muscles, so at least now I am not dealing with muscle pain, as I had really bad atrophy.  Next Tuesday I am eligible for another round of cortisone injections so my knees will feel really good for at least six weeks after that.  Then a few weeks of not so good and a week or two of "Oh, crap! I have to walk again?" before I can have shots again.  But at least now I know how to manage my life around my shot schedule.

I'm honestly not very good at describing flavors, but I've found Gouda to be good whether 3 months old or up to a year and a half (the most I've aged one).  When I made my first one (because the recipe looked - and is - fairly easy), I bought a wedge of it to know what I was aiming for.  It is now one of my favorite cheeses, both to eat and to make.

FarmerJd

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 10:25:40 PM »
Hey Karen, I haven't posted in a long time but I check in once every month or so just to keep up with the what is going on. Sorry for your struggles. Hang in there.

Tobiasrer

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 04:18:24 AM »
Welcome back Mrs KK and all  the others who have also followed her lead in returning ;)

I also have taken about a 3 year break, and am happy to see my return is with so many greats from when I started learning here!

We bought an acreage, some dexter cattle and chickens 3 years ago and I had more dreams that I could begin let alone complete, however this year health caught up with me as well requiring emergency bowel surgery :P Knowing it was coming the dexters headed to the freezer and the chickens to the auction.
Now back to 100% I am excited about getting back at all the great things I have undone. Getting some Dexters back and hopefully finaly getting some milk- though not your quantities Mrs KK, 2 calves and a milking! Truly blessed :)

wharris

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:51 AM »
The names on this thread look very familiar.

wycfitz

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »
Hi MrsKK,
This is my first post just registered today, not sure you will read this.
I came across this forum trying to figure out why my Mozzarella failed after all the websites say it is sooo easy.
anyway everyone has been referring to your recipe, but I could not find it until your reintroduction.

Thank you.

Now as for the knees, you can take this with a grain of salt and I suggest you to do a little research but i have had very good results with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) I have been diagnosed with degenerative hip joints and should be crippled now.
But I am still going strong, have damaged my elbow and shoulder joint so bad half of my bicep separated from my arm. Still healing from it, funny thing I forgot about MSM and suffered a year. Now taking it and in one month I am seeing good improvement.

Ok now to let you in on a secret,( but please do your research and make the best choice for yourself) You can by those little MSM pills at walmart and go broke before it helps you ( I found mega dosing is where you get results) or you can go another route.

You see you can buy pure MSM powder from a vet supply store at $30 for 10 pounds which will last you for a few years. you should only need to take it for 3 to 6 moths to feel much much better.

Now I am a country boy from Wyoming I now live in the jungles of Peru, and many time I have gone to the vet to get antibiotics for me ahem I mean spot. Just saying many things you can give a horse you can take as a person. I know many people here might gasp but for those of us living out in the boonies we are our own doctors and vets.

Anyway do some research and see if this might help I am betting it will and thanks again for the Mozzarella recipe!