Author Topic: Hello from the west  (Read 1867 times)

valley ranch

Hello from the west
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:46:25 PM »
Hi, Thought I'd look around and listen, see what's going on with you here on the cheeseforum.

Made some cheese, goat and cow. We have fresh Jersey milk all the time and make cheese regularly.

See you around the forum.

Richard

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: Hello from the west
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:38:17 PM »
Welcome!
-- Andy

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 11:50:39 PM »
Hey Richard, welcome to the cheese forum!
Where men are men and sheep are nervous ...lol... Jk
Good to have you onboard and hope to see some cool pictures of some cheeses, past or present, we love pics of others peoples cheeses...

We you in there :)
Fritz.

valley ranch

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 04:53:27 AM »
OK, We can do pictures. Thanks for the welcome. This place might be fun and relaxing.

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 05:06:14 AM »
Lol... I so thought for a minute that you actually spelled something out there with your Mozzarella ... How cool would that have been?!  Looks awesome and delicious and otherwise "twisted" .... AC4U (a cheese for you) for your first contribution and to get rid of the goose egg :)

Enjoy!

valley ranch

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
Thanks Fritz, The picture is of Armenian String cheese. I've seen on the internet Mozzarella and Tal Baneer as one and the same I don't find that to be the case. If there is an Armenian community near you, try some and see what you think.

RE: the different shape of the cheese, a pert cheese maker will have the all looking alike. I don't understand {goose egg} at this point. But

Thanks

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 12:23:13 AM »
I will try that string cheese...thanks for correcting me :) ... A "0" is a goose egg... You had 0 cheeses ...now you have one ...ergo ...got rid of the goose egg by giving you a 1 cheese ...

If you have a recipe for the Armenian String Cheese .... Here would be a great place to share it :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:48:05 AM by Fritz »

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
And just to clarify, you give a "cheese" by clicking on the "thumbs up" link under a poster's name. Commonly abbreviated as AC4U.

And that Armenian cheese looks very interesting! How does it differ from mozzarella?
-- Andy

valley ranch

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 02:51:17 AM »
Hi awake, I'll look for that: Thumbs up, I've wanted to give that recognition but saw no place for it.                                       

Hye String Cheese or Armenian String Cheese ~

Difference? Well in the making ~In the temperatures, amount of needing, stretch, and spices. The Brining and spicing are usually that of the area, than of the families who make it. During the making of Hye String cheese if you stop, you'll have what is now called: Mozzarella.

Armenian String Cheese was introduced to Eastern Roman Empire during the reign of  Leo V, it is believed.
Leo V the Armenian was Emperor of the Byzantine Empire. 

I found it, the Thumbs up,  thank you.

http://fabpedigree.com/s026/f937266.htm

When there was no longer an Eastern or Western Empire,, in Italia was made a cheese with added acid, the curd was/is heated and a satisfactory cheese made and sold as Mozzarella.

For me, a failed attempt at making Hye String Cheese, gives me Mozzarella, which is a good cheese but different.

The difference in a great Cheddar and a cheese called and sold as Cheddar, well you, I'm sure, have tasted the difference.