Author Topic: We make a bit of wine.  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
Re: We make a bit of wine.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 04:03:11 AM »
I'm glad we are asking the right questions regarding raw milk ....IMHO... There is a clear and definite agenda of the milk board ...and it has nothing to do with the general public health or being fair to farmers... And more to do with control of access, distribution, and setting the price of milk to guarantee profits for themselves. Neatly sheltered and protected by the government, their lobbyists makes sure the unfounded message goes out to how dangerous raw milk is. Yet we haven't had a pathogen based milk medical issue for decades. I remember recently major meat plants and fast food restaurants that had veggies with E. coli and other nasties ... No one shuts them down or creates boards to control meat distribution. Farmers are regularly forced to dump hundreds of liters of perfectly good milk because they are above quota set by the milk board. Quotas.... to control the price of milk by regulating its availability. In the meanwhile... Children starve and die in other places of the world because our bounty had to go in a hole in the ground .... Canada is one of the last countries in the world that has a full ban on public access to raw milk. Not such a first world country as many may think.

john H

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
I couldn't have said it any better Fritz. Maybe one day unfortunately I don't think it will be in my life time.

John

valley ranch

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 06:14:21 PM »
John, yes the bottles are on their side.

I agree with the Raw milk issue. Milk that comes from cows that are diseased should be discarded, not heat processed and sold. Fresh milk should be available if people want processed milk, I guess that should be on the shelf for them also.

But the legislating against fresh milk [Raw Milk] should be stopped.