Author Topic: mozzarella packaging  (Read 4255 times)

ghallourim

mozzarella packaging
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:43:15 AM »
Hi all,

Finally I had made my first mozzarella cheese, and I want to sell it at my grocery shop, so I wondered.
If I package it with Plastic cellophane How long remain edible ؟

JimCow1

Re: mozzarella packaging
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 05:48:52 AM »
I  was wondering also, I am just making mozzarella curds and planed to vacuum seal it, any ideas?

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »
why am I always worried about someone selling their "first cheese"? lol...

I vacuum seal my mozzarella balls after brining, keeps stable for quite a bit. I wouldn't keep it too long though. 2 months tops. I'd like to think I'm eating "Fresh" mozzarella, its part of its allure. Make in smaller batches as needed. It freezes quite well too.

Curds, for further processing later, will keep well in vacuum seal. But again, respect its freshness. It hasn't been brined yet, I assume, ergo not yet stable for any long term storage.

Good luck to you both and hope to see your cheese efforts continue by hanging out with us here ;)

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »
Ghallourim and JimCow, welcome to the forum!

JimCow, selling cheese commercially in the US involves a LOT of hoops to jump through; make sure you check out state regulations before attempting this.

Ghallourim, I have no idea what sort of requirements there might be in Morocco ... but I'd love to hear what you find out!
-- Andy

CheeseDanny4

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
I'm making my own homade cheesse ( few kinds) and selling them only for friends and my friend's frineds. I don't belive you can just like that sell your homemade cheesse commercial. I've heard its a long way to do this.

almabts

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »
To maximize the shelf life of a chunk of mozzarella cheese after opening, wrap the original packaging tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil; for even better results, wrap the cheese first in wax or parchment paper and then cover with plastic wrap before refrigerating.

Offline Chetty

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 17
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 01:52:20 PM »
In the USA mozzarella has to be pasteurized.  A lot of money for a pasteurizer that will be license able.  You also have local and state regulations, inspections every six months, monthly milk samples, cheese sample testing annually... And the list goes on.  What fun the life of a licensed cheese maker.