Author Topic: I Am Blessed  (Read 1221 times)

Duntov

I Am Blessed
« on: July 10, 2016, 02:50:40 AM »
Of course it will cost me $10/gallon.  lol  Florida is not exactly a haven for small dairy farms so I feel lucky to have found Keely Farms Dairy in New Smyrna, Florida about one hour north of me.  The price includes delivery to my home and I can even specify the temperature of the milk.  So yes it is pricey but I think worth the cost.  The 6 gallons I received yesterday was milked that same morning.  Can't get much fresher than that.  Every cheese I have made with fresh raw milk has turned out great as opposed to the very inconsistent store bought milks.

They also produce ghee, yogurts and other dairy products as-well-as raising Berkshire pigs.  Next weeks order will include another 6 gallons and about 5 lbs. of center cut pork belly for my next maple bourbon bacon make.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 02:56:31 AM by Duntov »

tashad

Re: I Am Blessed
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 04:14:02 AM »
Blessed, indeed!  $10/gallon for raw milk doesn't sound too bad.  That's not much more than I pay for creamline milk.  One day I hope to find someone willing to sell me raw milk.  I might have to go to WA for that though.

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 06:49:09 AM »
Blessed indeed... Great find, congrats... That Berkshire pork sounds like a bonus :)

Duntov

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
Thanks guys and gals.  After reading up on raw milk laws in Canada, I fell sorry for you.  Even thou raw milk cannot be sold for human consumption, it can be sold for pet use.  And since I have been called a dog more than once, I guess I am legal.  lol

It sounds like the Vancouver crowd needs to pool together to make a run to Washington for your milk for sure.