Author Topic: Bel paese recipe required  (Read 2826 times)

Savu

Bel paese recipe required
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »
A couple of years ago I made a Bel Paese from 200 Easy Homemade Cheese Recipes, I was going to make it again but for the life of me I can't find my book, I searched everywhere and I'm running out of time and so I was wondering if someone could post the recipe from the book, sure as eggs as soon as you do the book will turn up!

Offline Schnecken Slayer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 22
  • Making cheese since October 2012
Re: Bel paese recipe required
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 06:54:25 AM »
Ah, if only you had posted your make here it would have been easily resurrected.  O0
-Bill
One day I will add something here...

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 07:22:41 AM »
- Andrew

Savu

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 04:43:22 AM »
Anybody know how this recipe compares with 200 Easy Homemade Cheese Recipes, have used Debra's recipe twice had excellent results, can't afford to get this wrong as don't have time to remake.

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
Sorry, no idea. I haven't used either recipe.
- Andrew

Savu

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 12:28:40 AM »
Finally got hold of the Debra Amrein-Boyes recipe (thanks John!) and it is the same version that Gavin Weber at Little Green Cheese uses, could of saved myself a lot of hassle if I'd known, if anyone is interested here's his make on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TiIKiG3XFg

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »
Here is NEC blurb and recipe ... Enjoy :)

http://www.cheesemaking.com/BelPaese.html

jasperfarm

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »
How did it turn out Savu?  I have used the cheesemaking.com recipe and been really happy with it, but I have the Amrein-Boyes book too, next time I will try that and compare!

Savu

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 11:44:29 PM »
Sorry about not replying sooner, just forgot all about it, finally tracked down my book my daughter had it so rather than having the hassle of both of us trying to use it bought the updated version ( I know fathers do that instead of making her buy her own). Anyway no problem with the cheese, I looked at the New England cheese recipe but didn't have all the cultures, not sure why they have 3 different cultures I assume it's to do with the acidification early on, then the thermo kicks in later, I see they use flora danica but thought that would have got killed of at the high temps?? Would like to hear from someone who knows a bit more than me.