Author Topic: Espresso Maple Berkshire Bacon  (Read 5644 times)

lovinglife

Re: Espresso Maple Berkshire Bacon
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »
That sounds interesting!  Going to save those instructions for my other belly and give it a try.  I just cannot believe that I made this bacon and it tastes so great, I never liked the small processor bacon to me it always seemed too dry and didn't have much flavor, not so with this stuff, it is way beyond any regular bacon.  I guess I am going to have to convince my husband to make a better pig pen so I can grow them every year.  I need to have something to do with all the milk I get so in my mind this is win win!

MrsKK

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 04:47:53 PM »
I've got Black Forest Maple Bacon curing in the fridge along with a ham.  I made my first batch of bacon in September and will now get all of our pork back fresh so I can do the curing and smoking.

I *thought* the bacon and hams we were getting from the butcher were good.  The stuff I'm doing is worthy of the time and effort we put into raising our own meat.

I feed skimmed milk and whey to the pigs when I have it available.  Makes for some awfully yummy pork!

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 06:56:41 PM »
I've got Black Forest Maple Bacon curing in the fridge along with a ham.  I made my first batch of bacon in September and will now get all of our pork back fresh so I can do the curing and smoking.

I *thought* the bacon and hams we were getting from the butcher were good.  The stuff I'm doing is worthy of the time and effort we put into raising our own meat.

I feed skimmed milk and whey to the pigs when I have it available.  Makes for some awfully yummy pork!

I'll bet!!
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos