Author Topic: Employmnt/Consultancy/Volunteer  (Read 2097 times)

John Kopiski

Employmnt/Consultancy/Volunteer
« on: August 17, 2016, 09:02:18 AM »
Hi, My name is John Kopiski.  I have a 4000 dairy herd; 1700 daily milking; 32 litres a cow; 50 tons a day of milk farm in Russia - 120km to the east of Moscow.    I sell majority of milk these days to Pepsico, but also process some 40 tons a month in my own cheese rooms.    I now study a project for 2017 to build a new cheese room with 2 x 5 ton vats and a 10t vat; plus yogurt and kefir production.           I am a self taught cheese maker and thoroughly enjoy this but when faced with 20 tons a day of milk processing, I need some assistance to develop 5-6 new types of cheese to
provide a wide assortment for sales.       Ideally need some one here for 1-2 months to assist me develop these cheeses, and to build some
disciplines etc etc.

You can see more on www.bogdarnya.ru

Regardless of what one reads, it is real safe here; all is purchasable and just like Europe - except it is Russia

Would be glad to hear of anyone out there keen to see and experience Russia, and help me along the way!!

John

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: Employmnt/Consultancy/Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 03:47:38 PM »
John, welcome to the forum. Many/most of us here are also self-taught (well, book-taught and even more forum-taught) cheesemakers, and most of us are working in small quantities - 24 liters would be the upper end for many of us. However, there are some active members that work in a much larger scale and produce cheese commercially.

If it weren't for the fact that my employer would frown on a one- or two-month absence, I would certainly find this opportunity very interesting - I'd love the chance to visit Russia, and love to spend time in a commercial dairy operation!

Hopefully someone else on the forum will be able to help!
-- Andy

Offline Fritz

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 15
  • So many cheeses.... So little time...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »
Duntov..... I found a job for you !

:)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 10:19:24 PM »
Wow, what a fantastic opportunity for someone!

Forum member Sailor Con Queso started his creamery several years ago and may be able to provide some sense of what cheese styles sell well...at least in his neck of the woods.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.