Author Topic: Hi I'm from Arizona  (Read 1402 times)

Sashukie

Hi I'm from Arizona
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »
Hi I have been making cheese from raw goats milk for the last year and a half. Mainly chevre, and Cheddar, Colby and very unsuccessfully mozzarella. Having a hard time getting the PH right. Just 1 to 2 gallons at a time. My supply of milk has increased. I figured it time to get serious and do larger batches of milk. Reading the boards has helped but looks like I have a ways to go still.

zenith1

Re: Hi I'm from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
Hi Shashukie and  welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones that have an unlimited access to fresh goats milk. If that's the case WHOO HOO!!!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:48:48 AM »
Welcome Shashukie. I have yet to find a local supply of gaots milk but I am working on it!

Ariel301

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:00:24 AM »
Hello and welcome!

I'm in Arizona too. I've got a few goats and am learning to make cheese from them. I've also had a hard time with mozzarella. Yesterday I made my first successful one after ruining lots of milk in the learning process. I look forward to getting to know you, and hopefully you can get the mozzarella to work. I found that the recipe on this website's recipe list worked well.

MrsKK

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
Welcome to CF!  I hope you find a successful method of making mozz with your goat's milk, as I find mozz to be one of the quickest reward cheeses (near-instant gratification).

I have raw cow's milk, so I'm not sure if you need to tweak methods for goat's milk or not.

Let us know if you find success.

zenith1

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
Now that will be interesting! I wonder how the flavor would compare with a Buffalo Mozz?

Cheese Head

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 07:02:36 PM »
Howdy Sash and welcome to this forum, John (on holiday in Italy, where lots of Mozz ;D), except unlike US Pizza, little on their Pizza!