Author Topic: Hello from Northern CA  (Read 677 times)

Martin

Hello from Northern CA
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:12:06 AM »
I have been making cheese for almost 5 years, mostly fresh or . Attempting to branch out and will probably go from lurking to posting. There seems to be almost too much information here. Any advice on using the search engine? I love getting off on tangents but... Thanks to all the regular participants. Very helpful

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: Hello from Northern CA
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »
Hi Old Goat,

It can be challenging, at times, to find a specific post - though to be honest, that's somewhat true of any forum that I frequent. If you are looking for information on how to make a specific kind of cheese, you can search for the name plus the word recipe - that often produces at least a few usable results mixed in with other random traffic. Of course, you can also browse through the titles under a specific sub-forum to see if something jumps out.

And of course, when all else fails, post a new thread asking for the information - if it is well documented, and any of us know how to find it, we'll point you to it; otherwise, we'll happily repeat the information. No one seems to mind; if it is talking about cheese, it is all good ... :)
-- Andy