Author Topic: cured meats  (Read 3044 times)

reg

cured meats
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:02:56 PM »
It is getting cooler and almost time to start curing our meats and sausages. Just finished making our curing room double in size and adding a good ventilation system so I'm getting pretty pumped up and ready to start. This year will be adding three new sausages to the mix, one from Spain, one from Poland and one from China.

Will also start cheese making again in the next week or so, Asiago with smoked olives being the first.

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
Re: cured meats
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:13:06 PM »
Two thumbs up on both the meats and cheese! I'm sure they are all delicious. Here's to a good year for both. Asiago cheese sounds wonderful

reg

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks Mike

reg

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:19:56 PM »
Posting a few photos of the curing and cheese room. This morning I installed the rods for hanging the sausages and whole muscle cuts for drying. The rods are 86" long so that should give us plenty of room for circulation

reg

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 06:08:10 PM »
For whatever reason the photo of the inside won't come up but basically the room has three levels of rods for hanging and each level has three rods going across each being 86" long. The circulation system takes air from floor level (4" in diam) then up to the ceiling where it gets pushed out by a multitude of 1/4" holes across the entire 7 1/2 ' room. There is also the cool mist humidifier in there as well and both are controlled by timers.

Now all I need is for the floor paint stink to dissipate and I'm ready to start.

jhend

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 05:35:35 PM »
How has the room been woking out Reg? Are you giving it a workout this year?

John