Author Topic: Hello from Paris  (Read 5014 times)

davidsmith150

Re: Hello from Paris
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »
Hello! I am David smith from paris and I am working as a content writer at Help4assignment.

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum David! ;D
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

nicooOmg

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 09:52:09 AM »
Hello! I am David smith from paris and I am working as a content writer at Help4assignment.

Welcome :)

AshleySewell

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 02:58:26 PM »
Welcome, David. I hope that you will always enjoy with good knowledge and information.

Jay-1

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »
 Welcome to the forum, David, I was in Paris around a year ago. :)

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »
@David... Welcome...
@Niko.  Well,  This is certainly a challenge... Given that you have at least some refrigeration/Freezer then the freeze dried cultures would survive quite a while - as long as the bulk of them stay frozen.  If you are going to take them, then I would suggest that when you get there use two sterile jars and transfer a small 'Working' amount to one and keep the other as storage.  While I applaud your choices of cheese both the Forme d'Ambert and Camembert do require quite a bit of attention once they are made. Have you considered some of the harder cheeses - Caerphilly, Cheddar or Manchago etc.  Just thinking of the maturing required but the success rate might be higher.  As I don't know what conditions you are going to live under, there are a couple of books I would suggest you read.

1. The art of Fermentation by Sandon Katz  https://www.amazon.com/Art-Fermentation-Depth-Exploration-Essential/dp/160358286X
2. The Art of Natural Cheesemaking by David Asher http://www.chelseagreen.com/the-art-of-natural-cheesemaking

Also, as already recommended, for your requirements Kefir grains sounds like the way to go for your culture needs.  You can get them in dried form that will re-energise once place in milk once more - might take a couple of weeks to get a consistent ferment but from then you can just keep making Kefir to drink even if you don't make cheese - Win-Win !

Just my Ten Cents worth.

-- Mal
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

matsnykanen

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »
Hi there welcome to the forum  :)

Col68

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 07:14:52 PM »
Hi Nico, bienvenue à toi depuis l'Alsace, moi aussi je suis nouveau, sa fait plaisir, à bientôt si tu est actif. Bon fromage, cordialement.

samsmith150

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 11:11:31 AM »

Welcome david have a good discussion ahead and i love paris.

panamamike

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »
Hello Nico ,

Welcome to the fourm.  Here in Panama the locals use banana leaves sewn together with a small amount of thread into hoops . With the warm weather here, they make a fresh cheese  ( Queso Blanco ) .
 There are a lot of citric fruit to use to set the cheese in Columbia. Hope this helps and good luck with your adventure in cheesemaking and to a new and exciting country.