Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Stella

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 1
  • Default personal text
Hello
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »
I've used and enjoyed the CheeseForum for a long time and decided that it's time to introduce myself.
Ive been making cheese for about 25 years and love everything about it, it's pure magic. I make my cheeses at home in batches up to 40 liters. It's a beloved hobby as to do it legally on a small scale is close to impossible. I work only with pasteurized milk (I pasteurize) which is a decision that is based not on cheese making( would love to work with raw milk) but on an agreement with my milk source.
At the moment I'm ageing goat milk tommettes, a Cabra el vino, some Rocamador like lactic cheeses and plan to do a sage Gouda today. At the moment I'm working with goat milk but I also have very good quality cows milk. I routinely make yogurt labaneh and tzfatit cheese just for home use.
Thank you to everybody on all the wonderful information I've gotten here over the years, I hope to be able to pay some of it back

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
Hi Stella. Welcome to the forum - even if you have been here for a while. ;)

AeonSam

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 02:02:36 AM »
Hi Stella!

I'm pretty new here and it looks like there's a lot of things that I'd like to learn from you. :)

Sam

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 05:27:38 AM »
Hello Stella and welcome! ;D
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 05:37:24 AM »
Yes welcome and I hope you will be able to bring some of that long acquired knowledge to our group , including some pics .

some once said here and it is quite fitting , " if there are no pics it did not happen "

nosphalot

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 08:28:52 PM »
I've only been here for a while, but I'd still like to say hello. I'll second the request for pictures as I'm sure your cheese not only tastes great but also looks great too!

matsnykanen

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum

Jay-1

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum.