Author Topic: Hello from Portland Oregon  (Read 1051 times)

DoctorCheese

Hello from Portland Oregon
« on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:15 AM »
My name is Jobe and I am a college student  Who just recently found out that making cheese is an incredibly fun and rewarding endeavor. I joined this forum in the hopes of finding a place to share my cheesemaking processes; the successes as well as the follies. Since I took up interest in cheese making  I have found that the average individual is not as intensely interested in the complexities and minutia of the cheesemaking process and that is why I decided to seek asylum of sorts with like-minded individuals here in this forum.

All of my cheesemaking must be done using a communal kitchen that is shared by an entire dorm building, the pressing of the cheeses is done using a series of bricks in my closet, and the aging of the cheeses is done in the mini fridge  that came with my dorm room.  However, I hope through hard work and a lot of fun in conjunction with the guidance of this forum, I will be able to make  some delicious cheesy morsels of beauty and wonder.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
Re: Hello from Portland Oregon
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 02:19:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum, although I seem to remember doing this already. :o
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »
Welcome... :)

DoctorCheese

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:54:53 PM »
 When I first got on the forum a few days ago I did not know there was an introduction section. ;D

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »
I'll add my possibly redundant welcome - and congratulations on making cheese even in a challenging environment! And congrats on pursuing your PhD. You might find less interest in cheese making among your peers in psychology (except perhaps an interest in studying you as a project to see what motivates people to take up artisanal crafts!), but wander down to the folks doing their PhD's in microbiology - you might get some interest there! :)
-- Andy