Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1604 times)

Daznz

Hi All
« on: June 17, 2009, 07:22:28 AM »
Hi

Great forum  I'm learning heaps from my hours of reading here  ;)
I am waiting for my first cow to have her calf in about to months
So exciting times I will do a few easy cheeses with store brought milk in the mean
time to get my hands on the job.
I do a lot of craft beer brewing and sour dough bread making with yeasts from all around the world and I really enjoy working with yeasts, cultures etc
So I'm adding cheese making to my hobbies list .
I use a lot of blue cheese and Parmesan in cooking so I'm keen to get into these cheeses  ;D

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:52:18 AM »
Welcome aboard Dazna. Those a re a few of my hobbie as well. You'll love making cheese from raw milk.

MrsKK

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »
Welcome, Daznz!  I started playing around with making cheese while awaiting my heifer's first calf, too, as I didn't want to have to learn how to do that, along with learning how to milk.  It is now about a year and a half later, we already have her second calf and she is a nicely matured cow that is giving me 2 1/2 gallons of milk a day, plus feeding her calf.

Very exciting times for you, indeed!  I look forward to getting to know you better.

zenith1

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »
welcome Dazna! Great to see another cheese fan. And all of your other hobbies are great as well. Only...there is so little time..beer ...wine...cheese...beer....wine...cheese...beer.. ..wine...cheese

Daznz

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome all   ;D When will I find the time to make some pear fruit paste goes so wicked with blue cheese hahaha

zenith1

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »
or how about some Membrillo(quince paste) that goes so well with a nice Manchego! ;D

Daznz

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
or how about some Membrillo(quince paste) that goes so well with a nice Manchego! ;D

Are you telling me I need to find some sheep to milk  :o  ;D

Cheese Head

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
Hello Daznz and welcome to this forum, lots of folks here making both your goals, blue and parm, have fun!