Author Topic: Great product for managing temperature in a mini-fridge cave  (Read 1068 times)

DoctorCheese

Great product for managing temperature in a mini-fridge cave
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:58:11 AM »
I am currently using two mini-fridges as my cheese caves and what you will quickly learn in my position is that the warmest setting on a mini fridge (at least both of mine) is around 41 degrees F, which is obviously too cold for a cheese cave. What I ended up doing was manually cycling the fridges off and on to achieve a temp as close to 55 degrees F as I could. As you can imagine I got sick of checking the temp every hour to make sure my cheese wasn't being ruined-- a very stressful prospect-- and so I found a temperature operated outlet on Amazon and could not be happier. You can set a lower bound and an upper bound, then plug it in and it works super easily. There are cheaper options that come with just the unit and you have to wire it yourself, which may be a viable if not fun option for some of you, but for me this was the best option and I thought all you cheesers should know about it  ;D The product is the Willhi WH1436A. It can also do humidity which is really cool and possibly useful to some of you but is not why I bought it.