Author Topic: B.linens took over my Brie  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
Re: B.linens took over my Brie
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 05:56:24 AM »
I just reread my post , I hope it was understood that that advice was for Lantgladstone's cheese issue and not Vnatures cheese

Vnature

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 05:57:03 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words. The Munster was really yummy. I experimented with different "smeared-rind" cheeses like Reblochons, Pont l'Eveque etc. but this Munster was the best by taste. Thank you once again. 

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »
The Munster was really yummy. I experimented with different "smeared-rind" cheeses like Reblochons, Pont l'Eveque etc. but this Munster was the best by taste.
Got to love the schmier!

Any pics or details on your other "smeared-rind" cheeses? They're a favorite of mine.

I like the look of your Munster. Have a cheese.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Vnature

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 04:19:51 PM »
Any pics or details on your other "smeared-rind" cheeses? They're a favorite of mine.

I love them too. Thanks for the cheese.  :D

I don't have much experience in cheesemaking. But here are several pictures and some details. This Reblochon was the third cheese I made in my life. I was very overconfident  ;D. Nevertheless the cheese was not bad at all. But not ripe enough, with the firm core.

Another cheese was Pont l'Eveque. Unfortunately I had to leave it unattended for 3 weeks because of the vacation. When I came back I found it overripe. It smelled like a garbage dump. And tasted toooo sharp. My wife couldn't eat it so I ate it alone.   :o

There was the failed Limburger after that but I accidentally deleted the pics. There was the good Munster after all and my wife said she could hardly survive with that smell in the kitchen >:D But time heals and now I have a couple of ripening Reblochons, 1 kilo each.

And I suddenly got the smear-ripened Gorgonzola Dolce. Insidious B.linens attacked it and I followed Al Lewis's advice. I air it 1 hour a day at room temperature to form the rind. It's stinky like a scrapyard  :o 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:59:50 PM by Vnature »

Vnature

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »
I cut the first failed Bree. It's firm and sour.  Absolutely uneatable.