Author Topic: Cheese pizza suggestions  (Read 1212 times)

MaryJoh

Cheese pizza suggestions
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:21:41 AM »
Hi there,
I wish to make a cheese pizza for my bf on this valentines day. I know he loves cheese very much. He loves to eat cheese with dehydrated vegetables (he is vegan). So I thought to make cheese pizza for him with dehydrated vegetables as toppings. I think it tastes good if I fry the dehydrated vegetables and give it as the toppings. I would like to get your suggestions too. What should I add to make it tastier? Would like to get your recommendations.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:45:56 AM by MaryJoh »

reg

Re: Cheese pizza suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Or you could use fresh sliced vegetables like onion, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini give them a soak in a marinate of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, dried basil, touch of oregano, salt and pepper then grill them off until well marked. Cool then onto your pizza that has been covered with a bit of olive oil, some fresh basil leaves then cover with your cheese and cook like normal  ;)

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:46:41 AM »
My advice to you is buy some fresh dough as  a bad crust will ruin even the best toppings , and  use fresh mozza if you can get it , next best is "Polly O "

Or try some other types of cheeses from wholefoods or some such place

Offline gathwaegl

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »
Is he vegan or vegetarian?

Mozzarella cheese and any animal milk cheese is not vegan friendly. Stores like whole foods will probably sell vegan cheese made from nut milks.
@justifiedgaines

MaryJoh

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:00:24 AM »
Thankfully, I have found vegan cheese products on market. I think I can use it for making the pizza.