Author Topic: Hello to everyone!!!!  (Read 1045 times)

Offline michaelweaser

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
Hello to everyone!!!!
« on: February 19, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
Hey guys !!! My name is Michael Weaser , I am from Pennsylvania , USA. I am Interested In learning how to make any type of cheese, I am also interested in Selling Cheese as well. I am interested in many other things my main interest which I have a passion for and is my favorite Hobby , is I am a total computers and electronics geek/enthusiast. I am interested in anything to deal with electronics. computer programming, building computers, building electronics circuitry, Designing my own circuits . I also have a thing with vintage computers and electronics as well and also repairing electronics and computers.  :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:40:29 PM by michaelweaser »

Tea

Re: Hello to everyone!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »
Hi Michael and welcome to the forums.   I don't live in the US but I would check into any regulations there maybe in regards to the selling of cheese.   

As to the computers, well that that leaves me totally lost.

Anyway hope you find something to make.
Tea

Offline michaelweaser

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 11:39:40 PM »
Hi Michael and welcome to the forums.   I don't live in the US but I would check into any regulations there maybe in regards to the selling of cheese.   

As to the computers, well that that leaves me totally lost.

Anyway hope you find something to make.
Tea
I was thinking on selling cheese online ,Like on maybe ebay.com which is an online bidding site , I can sell any cheese that is legal in the united states. and for selling it in other countries just have to watch to make sure it's legal in the country it''s being sent to. its also nice that ebay  blocks things if it not legal it that country,  an example of this would be that you can sell alcohol on ebay in the united states, but in other countries you can, so in the united states its not viewable.

Tea

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:54:20 AM »
Well how good is that!!   Last I looked into here, unless you sell a certain quantity or use a certain amount of milk each year, you are not legally allowed to sell cheese.   Need to look into that again I think.

Well I hope it works for you.  Best of luck.

matsnykanen

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
Hi and welcome

Jay-1

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum. :) I'm still wearing my L plates too.

Offline Chetty

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 17
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »
You will definitely want to contact your local dairy inspectors.  To make sure facility will pass.  I spent two years getting mine to pass but they still have me working on things.  As far as selling across state lines in the USA that means you also are likely to get inspected by fda which is a lot more strict the state usually. 

Duntov

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum! 

There is a lot to consider when starting up any business.  Some of the obvious about cheese have already been mentioned by others.  You will also need liability insurance that can be quite expensive.  My advice is not to 'wing it'.