Author Topic: Holiday Cranberry Jalapeno Cheddar  (Read 726 times)

Duntov

Holiday Cranberry Jalapeno Cheddar
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:04:21 PM »
Thinking ahead for the holidays, I decided to get a little creative.  I used a basic 4 gallon cheddar recipe and just added chopped dried cranberries and fresh jalapeno peppers at the milling stage.  The mold I used is my Kadova 2k with liners.  I love this mold and the shape.  The cheese out of the mold weighs in at 3 lbs. - 9 oz.

I watched my ph readings carefully.  Started with 6.61 raw milk.  Drained at 6.15 and milled at 5.35.

DoctorCheese

Re: Holiday Cranberry Jalapeno Cheddar
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 01:40:05 AM »
Looks good. I am going to be making 3 cheeses over spring break and 2 of them are ones with added spices so keep your eyes open for those. AC4U

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »
Interesting combination! I'm not sure I can quite "picture" ("salivate"?) how it will taste, but will be very interested in hearing the report!

AC4U.
-- Andy

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »
Looks and sounds delicious!! AC4U

Duntov

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »
Interesting combination! I'm not sure I can quite "picture" ("salivate"?) how it will taste, but will be very interested in hearing the report!

AC4U.

I like the combination of sweet and hot.  I do a smoke salmon that is glazed with apricot jam and cayenne.  It is absolutely amazing.  We dub it 'man candy'.  Thanks for the cheese.