Author Topic: Which Hanna PH Meter? Upgrading  (Read 1382 times)

Duntov

Which Hanna PH Meter? Upgrading
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:20:35 PM »
Currently I have the Hanna pHep 5 HI98128.  It has served me okay but I have learned that the probes must constantly be cleaned during the cheesemaking process for accurate reading.  This model is a pain to clean and simple rinsing does not get rid of the fatty particles. 

I am now looking at the HI99165 and HI99161.  I don't need data logging.  What is the difference between the probes and what are the pros and cons of each?  Also, I can attached a knife probe to these models to check the PH of cheeses that are aging?

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
Re: Which Hanna PH Meter? Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:35:39 AM »
I have the  hi 99161 and love it , it rarely needs cleaning , and have yet to ever have it wander off calibration in the year that I have had it so far .

You do know though that they make the blue tooth version that uses a tablet to read out on for $200 instead of the normal model at $400 plus

I spoke to them about the Bluetooth model and they said it is exactly the same probe .

Duntov

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 06:55:54 PM »
Thanks Gregore.  I will pass on the wireless one.  I like having dedicated devices and don't like phone apps.

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 12:03:19 AM »
let us know what you think after using it for a few makes , I know you will love it but it is good to have others opinions on it .

Cheese Kettle Pty Ltd

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:27 AM »
Here is a good topic for you to read

http://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php/topic,16131.0.html

All the best
Lukasz