Author Topic: My dinner cheese board  (Read 599 times)

Offline Lloyd

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 12
  • Default personal text
My dinner cheese board
« on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »
Recently went away with a group of my friends (we've been doing this for well over 20 years now), and set my self the target of producing a cheese board for the night it was our turn to cook (for 15).  So for course number four or our meal my wife made the biscuits, and I produced four cheeses. (There were two boards like this)

• a stirred cheddar  - much better than I expected, as I'd confused pounds and PSI, and significantly overpressed it. Very mild (made end of Jan), but very nice.  Texture more like an edam than a cheddar.
  • a blue - made end of Feb.  Nice and creamy. Not too strong.  My favourite of the four.
  • a Camembert/brie - not the best I've made, but still tasty.  Could have been a little riper
  • a Camembert/brie with blue - bit of a disappointment.  Too salty, and really only blue on the outside. Need to find a better way of piercing (the holes close too easily), and it might be that some of the PR washed out as it drained.  Perhaps I should drain the curds a little before putting in the moulds.

On the whole though, quite pleased with this.