Author Topic: Sweet Cream Butter to Ease Into A Weekend Of Food  (Read 10983 times)

ellenspn

Sweet Cream Butter to Ease Into A Weekend Of Food
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:32:09 AM »
There were 2 quarts of cream in my fridge along with the quart of half and half plus two gallons of creamline milk. (Not to mention the meats for grilling and smoking...) So it's a weekend of food here at our house.

One quart I decided to make sweet cream butter which is dead easy using a stand mixer.

Warm cream to room temperature, affix whip and splatter guard to mixer, pour in cream. Set the speed to medium high and wait a few minutes. When you hear sloshing quickly cover the pouring hole and wait for good separation. Turn off the mixer. Have a colander set up over a bowl, lined with proper cheesecloth or butter muslin.

Swish all the buttermilk you can out of the butter. Drain buttermilk into a waiting container for use later for waffles, etc.  Then spend forever rinsing and squishing butter until the water runs clear. Add salt to taste.  Squish into a butter mold and let sit in the fridge or into a plastic one pound container and put in fridge. Or at least until you can't stand it anymore and butter some toast with it.  >:D

DoctorCheese

Re: Sweet Cream Butter to Ease Into A Weekend Of Food
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:37:23 AM »
Oooh boy would I like to put some of that on toast with jam

matsnykanen

Re: Sweet Cream Butter to Ease Into A Weekend Of Food
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:55:47 AM »
Looks gorgeous!