Author Topic: Pressed Cheese Mold & Hoops - Professional Stainless Steel From US Ullmer's Dairy Equipment  (Read 10217 times)

wharris

(4) new 8in Stainless Steel moulds.
I will be making HDPE followers this weekend.

(1) 10in mould. (Stackable)

Both purchased from Ullmers.
www.ullmers-dairyequipment.com
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:24:52 PM by Wayne Harris »

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
WOW! Nice. I haven't used my 8 inch yet but I was impressed with the quality. Heavy buggers. Boy it's gonna cost you a fortune to fill them all up. I can't wait to see it!

I was just thinking those stackables might be nice for brewing beer too. Nice folks those Ullmer's!

Congrats Wayne!

sputicus

(4) new 8in Stainless Steel moulds.
I will be making HDPE followers this weekend.

Would you mind sharing the details of how you are making the followers? I have been wondering how to make followers for my homemade PVC molds.

wharris

The followers are not yet done,  as I have sooooo many cheese tasks queued up. 
But essentially, the plan is to use some std HDPE cutting boards and trace the inside diameter of the moulds, and use my jigsaw to cut out.

Belt-sand smooth and violla!

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
I thought you wanted some custom ones?  :'( . LOL

Wayne if you haven't bought the cutting boards yet you can buy the same stuff at Tap Plastics for probably cheaper and they have 1/8" to 1 1/2".

Cheese Head

Wayne, looks great, will look even better in service!

chilipepper

Wayne, those look really cool. I can't wait to see how they work out for you.  My cheese making has been a little retarded lately... well maybe that is me. :)  Currently I'm battling my cave temp issues as the warm summer temps are raising my cellar to the upper 50's low 60's and I had one cheese turn on me. 

I certainly hear you on the backlog of cheese projects!

Good luck with these and I can't wait to see them in use!

Ryan

zenith1

Cartier-great find on the Tap Plastics site!

Sailor Con Queso

Sam's Club has large (18" x 24" ???) 1/2" cutting boards for around $7. That's what I use to make my followers.

ConnieG

I'm looking at this old thread and if you can stand it, I'd like to ask some newbie questions.

Are the mesh baskets for pressed cheese or for draining a soft cheese. 

Do you use the bucket looking things with your cheese press?  Do you have to get into the pneumatic presses to use this or would one of the home made jobbies still work?

These two things don't get used together, right?

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
They are for pressed cheeses but you might be able to use them for something like a large washed rind or something. They are heavy stainless steel - don't drop them on your foot - it hurts.  :o

The bucket looking thing makes them stackable and allowes for drainage as well.

They can be used alone if you are making one cheese wheel or together. Together they will hold in the heat and give you a better press or make the stackable if you are pressing multiple wheels.