Author Topic: Hello from Australia  (Read 589 times)

Tkdlachlan

Hello from Australia
« on: June 18, 2017, 03:01:38 AM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Lachlan, I'm a 20 year old from Australia  and i have just gotten into trying to make cheese. I've only made one 800g 'wheel' of Parmesan, but it didn't go quite as expected.

Was hoping i could find some people to help me find where i went wrong! Did i age it for too long, or maybe add too much culture?

Thanks!!

Jay-1

Re: Hello from Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:15:36 AM »
 Welcome to the forum, Lachlan, I'm from Australia, Tasmania, too, unfortunately i'm still have my "L" s on so i cant help you with your question.

DoctorCheese

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 04:53:23 AM »
Welcome, please tell us more about the aging environment, how long you aged it, etc.

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »
Welcome on board, Lachlan. It's always nice to see more Aussies on the Forum.
As the Dr. says, some more details about the aging would help to work out what is going on, also details about the make and what the problem is with the cheese.
I would suggest that you look at posts from a variety of people to see how they record their processes. Keeping good records is very important in diagnosing problems but also for replicating your successes. (Just between you and me, my records could sometimes be better.)
- Andrew

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 02:03:56 PM »
Welcome to the forums

2 things I see from the pic,  first the cheese is way too small to age long enough for a Parmesan.

Second it is way too dry , and how that happened is hard to say as there are many things that can lead to this , but if I was was to guess where you should look first is ageing  humidity.