Author Topic: Milk products manufacturing - Quality Assurance  (Read 893 times)

ge001

Milk products manufacturing - Quality Assurance
« on: June 18, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
We have a dairy farm with 80 cows of different breeds. We have been running successfully by selling milk in large and small scale for different organizations. We are planning to start a milk processing plant and expand our business by selling milk products like butter and cheese among others.
I know to get this new plan successful, we have a lot of processes to follow and a lot of quality standards to keep up with. We will try to get an ISO 9001 certification once the plant is set up. There will be quality management solutions employed and employees hired specially to ensure the quality of the process flow and the product as we will take no risk with our potential customers' health.
We are looking for advice from good hearted people out here about how can we make this a successful expansion of our business. Any advice regarding the process of quality assurance, certification process and anything related will be considered highly helpful and we'll be extremely grateful.
Thanks!

DoctorCheese

Re: Milk products manufacturing - Quality Assurance
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum! There are several individuals here who should be able to help you (though I am not one of them  :P). While most of us are hobby cheese makers I believe, a few pros do frequent this forum. I hope they get ahold of you or that someone can forward you their emails in the event they do not. Good luck!

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:01:31 AM »
I too wish I could help , but commercial making of cheese is a whole other ball game from hobby making .

i would suggest talking to as many people as possible before starting , you might even want to hire a consultant or pay for a cheese makers time to speak with you .

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
Sailor con Queso started his creamery several years ago. He may be able to provide some guidance if you PM him.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.