Author Topic: Coffee Cheese  (Read 756 times)

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
Coffee Cheese
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:40:03 PM »
4 month old 2lb Coffee Cheese. A stirred curd Cheddar with Cold brewed Coffee added to this cheese. Started as an idea turned experiment. Coffee aroma and flavors in each bite. I love this cheese and how it tastes. Soaked the curds in cold coffee before pressing. No issues in making this cheese. I will surely make this again.

Enjoy the pictures

Mike

DoctorCheese

Re: Coffee Cheese
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 11:09:17 PM »
When I first started making cheese this was one of my ideas and I am so happy to see you doing the preliminary experiments for us all! Was the coffee COLD BREW, or was it cold BREWED coffee? In other words, was it brewed without heat or did you just chill normal coffee? Could you describe the flavors that come through please. Thank you!

Offline nccheesemike

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 35
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:04:38 AM »
When I first started making cheese this was one of my ideas and I am so happy to see you doing the preliminary experiments for us all! Was the coffee COLD BREW, or was it cold BREWED coffee? In other words, was it brewed without heat or did you just chill normal coffee? Could you describe the flavors that come through please. Thank you!

I brewed coffee and let it cool down before adding to cheese. Flavorwise it has a Mocha aroma and flavor. The cheese is moist and creamyand compliments the coffee flavor well. I have a local cold brewed coffee I wanna use next time. I followed the same recipe as the beer cheeses were made. 

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:32 PM »
Interesting. Not a combination I would have thought of but obviously it works.
Congratulations and a cheese from me in recognition of your successful experiment.
- Andrew