Author Topic: Mini fridge condensation drips on cheese  (Read 1247 times)

Dorchestercheese

Mini fridge condensation drips on cheese
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:38:39 AM »
My mini fridge constantly drips water from the ceiling as the compressor pulls water from the air.  This water drips on the shelves and on to the cheese or under the cheese.  How do people stop this?  Currently I can only use the front of each shelf because the rear sits wet.
Help ideas?

Offline Gregore

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Default personal text
Re: Mini fridge condensation drips on cheese
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:18:31 AM »
My fridge came with a tray that catches the drips , then I just empty it out every few days

If you tilt your fridge a little it will all drip in 1 place , where you could place a bowl .

Dorchestercheese

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks.  Mine has a condensation coils which extend to above the top shelf that drips on to the top shelf which in turn drips on to the next shelf.  It's suppose to be channeled to the catch at the bottom of the fridge and the motor evaporates the water off. I'll try tilting it back slightly.

Col68

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »
Hello Dorchestercheese, I have a friend in France who had the same problem of drops of water dropped from the ceiling of the fridge, he glued a thin plate of Polystyrene (white foam board) since more problem I wanted to share this info with you , good continuation. (Photos exemple)

Dorchestercheese

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
Great thanks!
I like that solution!