Author Topic: Blueberry cheese recipe?  (Read 2177 times)

blakee741

Blueberry cheese recipe?
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:40 AM »
My mother purchased some blueberry cheese at Christmas last year.  She loved it and i would love to make her some for Christmas this year.  Anyone have any recipes for this?  Any input would be appreciated...thanks

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Blueberry cheese recipe?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:08:16 AM »
Any hints as to the type of cheese it was?

I've had Blueberry cream cheese but that is the only one I can think of at the moment.

blakee741

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:19:16 AM »
I know it was an aged cheese and its flavor was quite strong.  the blueberries were whole berries and slight marbeling throughout the cheese..i will have to ask her as to what kind it was.  It was very tasty..she made me try it..lol  the thought of it was YUK but it was very good.

blakee741

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:23:07 AM »
This is a cheese i found on a store site with description of it.....this looks very similar to what she had. 

White cheddar Blueberry Cheese is blend of blueberries with a double-milled, aged, White Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:15:37 AM »
Blueberry cheddar then! The berries must get squished pretty good. I'll bet it was pretty.

I would try making a cheddar and adding the berries when you put it in the press. You might want to do a quick blanch on the berries to kill anything on them first though..

I might have to try this. It sounds intersting.

homeacremom

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »
What about using dried berries and then rehydrating similar to the process for peppers or onion??

blakee741

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
I had looked up many cheeses on line to see what kind of fruit and herbs were added to see what kind of variety there was.  I found some that had added......blueberries, cranberries, horse-raddish, onion and chive, dill and garlic. all sound so yummy.  I have fresh dill grown in my garden this year by the bucketfull and this sounds like a great cheese..will have to try this as well...YUM!

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 06:19:15 AM »
Fesh dill would be good in cheddar but really wonderful in Havarti!

goatherdess

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 10:48:47 PM »
Oh, darn! I am sitting here with a pot of cheddar in the making and I just ate the last of the blueberries in a bowl for a snack! ...Guess I'll have to make it without this time. Nice idea though.